- Company Information
- Access Map
- News Releases
- Top Management Message
- Management Strategy
- Annual Reports
- IR Calendar
- Financial Results and Presentations
- Financial Summary
- Monthly Business Performance
- Number of Stores
- Returning Shareholders and Dividend Policy
- Board of Directors, Executive Officers, and Corporate Auditors
- Stock Information
- IR email service
Environmental Protection Activities
- Caring for the environment through our business activities
- Providing safe, worry-free products and services that are environment-friendly
- Environment-friendly product delivery
- Environment-friendly store facilities
- Store operating and waste management policies that respect the local and wider community
- Environment-friendly offices and Company vehicles
- Respecting environmental laws and regulations
- Organizations and awareness-raising
- Publicizing our Environmental Policy
Environmental management system
FamilyMart set up a department with responsibility for environmental matters in 1991.
After launching measures to reduce environmental load from our business activities,our Environmental Management System was established in 1999 covering the Head Office and all stores, and ISO 14001 certification was acquired in the same year.
Head Office and franchisees now work hand in hand on a range of environmental initiatives.
Protecting the environment in all we do
Our stores account for 88% of our CO2 emission volumes.
Through introduction of energy-saving equipment at new stores and stores undergoing refurbishment, and efficiency measures at all stores, we plan to reduce per-store CO2 emissions by 7% (all stores; approximately 5.2 tonnes) by fiscal 2012, compared with fiscal 2007.
Over 85% of all CO2 emissions from the entire FamilyMart group come from our stores. Through introduction of energy-saving equipment, we will ensure our stores have lower environmental load. In January 2010, we opened a flagship eco-friendly store, where we are trialing the facilities that can make FamilyMart a player in building the low carbon society. These include LED lighting, solar power systems and electric car rapid chargers. After carefully monitoring the benefits of such energy-saving systems installed at this store, we plan to lay the groundwork for their standardized introduction across our network.
By introducing eco-drive control equipment in all vehicles, we are improving the fuel efficiency of delivery vehicles and reducing CO2 emission volumes at each store.
Other measures to reduce environmental load include our shift to non-rinse rice in ready-to-eat items, improvements to containers and packaging, and the increasing sales of “We Love Green” environment-friendly private brand daily items.