Convenience stores play an indispensable role in people’s lives as an integral part of social and lifestyle infrastructure. FamilyMart has a nationwide network that exceeds 16,000 stores servicing more than 15 million customers each day, and maintains a workforce of over 200,000 employees.
Under the slogan of “FamilyMart, Where You Are One of the Family,” the Company and its stakeholders seek to move forward in partnership, based on a relationship of trust.
With this in mind, our mission is to exceed the expectations of customers by helping to resolve social issues in each region against the backdrop of a rapidly changing society. Our goals are to provide a better life for customers as well as local communities and to ensure that each day has fun and fresh appeal through the supply of our products and services.
We at FamilyMart always aim to continue to provide new value in the world and to be a presence trusted by our customers.
Established September 1, 2017
In its business activities, FamilyMart accepts the social responsibility of working toward realizing a sustainable society such as preserving the global environment and protecting human rights. For this purpose, we are pursuing business activities that are based on the spirit of mutual development (CO-GROWING) in line with fair rules for producers and business partners, realizing sustainable growth and focusing on the principles below.
Established February 1, 2018
We comply with international norms as well as the laws and norms of countries and regions where we conduct business and engage in conscientious business activities.
We respect individuals and their rights regardless of race, skin color, nationality, language, religion, thought, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, with or without disabilities, property, employment type, etc. and we do not participate in human rights abuses.
We commit to the health and safety of our employees by providing a comfortable working environment. In addition, we also prohibit discrimination, inhumane treatment and forced labor in hiring and employment.
In accordance with sound business custom when doing business, we conduct business based on appropriate conditions and work against corruption in all forms including extortion and bribery.
We strive to preserve the environment, nature and biodiversity, and prevent pollution, addressing climate change through measures such as reducing greenhouse gas emissions and reducing energy consumption. We are also working towards creating a sustainable society by reducing, properly disposing of and recycling waste, as well as cutting back and optimizing our resource consumption.
We provide products and services that are safe, reliable and healthy for customers, and in the case of accidents or defects, respond by quickly disclosing information and notifying competent authorities.
We connect with activities related to development of local communities, we contribute to a better regional life through being environmentally responsible for impacts around business sites and plants.
Based on social norms and in response to social demands, we are working to build a sustainability promotion system and internal control systems, as well as maintain risk control systems. We are also increasing sustainability awareness of and dissemination in our own supply chain.
Established February 1, 2018
FamilyMart will work earnestly to become a store that is rooted closely and evolves as an integral part of the local community. We will foster close ties with business partners like a family, and want customers to feel part of the neighborhood family.
We will contribute to the sustainable development of local communities through environmentally conscious initiatives that are based on our principles. To promote this, we periodically evaluate the environmental impact of our business activities and set environmental goals, and improve our environmental performance.
Moreover, we have set the following policy to continuously remedy of the environmental management system, and also work on preventing pollution and protecting the environment.
(1) Continue providing high-quality products and services that impress customers by always keeping in mind environmental considerations, safety, and reassurance when developing and selecting products and services.
(2) For product delivery we aim to build and operate a continually efficient delivery system while at the same time promoting the use of low-polluting delivery vehicles.
(3) In our stores we are introducing equipment and materials that contribute to conserving energy and materials.
Further, we are striving to suitably maintain equipment and properly dispose of used equipment.
(4) During store operation we engage in environmental activities that always take into consideration the community, society, and nature.
Further, the waste generated by our stores is properly processed and recycling promoted.
(5) All offices undertake energy and resource conservation, recycling, and the proper disposal of waste while promoting waste reduction. In addition, vehicles with a low environmental load are being introduced for use as company vehicles and employees always drive keeping the environment and safety in mind.
Fulfill our duty to observe the environmental laws, regulations, and related requirements.
Create an organization and operation system for the Environment Management System. Further, we conduct awareness activities to make the environmental policy known to everyone in the organization and improve consciousness of environmental preservation and consideration.
Biodiversity supports our existence and livelihood, bringing with it the blessings of a diverse array of ecosystems. FamilyMart’s business activities are carried out with the intent to create harmony with the natural environment, and to create a sustainable society through efforts to both reduce its negative impact on and protect biodiversity.
1. When formulating Companywide or segmental business plans, we take into account their impact on related ecosystems and local communities both in Japan and overseas.
2. When developing products and services, we strive to procure materials with care toward protecting ecosystems and utilize environmentally friendly packaging.
3. During store construction and renovation, we work continuously to utilize energy-saving methods and conserve resources to reduce the burden these activities have on the environment.
4. From a store management standpoint, we are committed to recycling and the proper disposal of waste, waste oils, wastewater, and related materials. We also work to protect local ecosystems through environmental beautification programs.
5. We communicate with NGOs and NPOs, education and research institutions, and local governments to expand biodiversity, build relationships, and promote cooperation.
6. We provide environmental education for franchisees and employees and strive to raise awareness in order to create a society that fosters biodiversity.
Through this Policy, FamilyMart works for balanced development at the international and regional levels, and for greater spiritual affluence in society.
1. As a company with international operations, we actively seek to help enrich the global community and support environmental protection.
2. To meet the expectations of local communities and win their trust, we take care to build links and prosper in harmony with them.
3. As part of our role in helping create safe, secure neighborhoods, we take various measures to help local parents keep their children out of trouble.
4. We support the individual efforts of our employees to get involved in social contribution activities.